Manmohan Singh had conducted two surgical strikes but had no Twitter army as Modi has

NFTV : Bureau Report : After Thursday’s Indian Army’s surgical strike inside POK and killed 36 terrorist and 2 Pakistani soldiers when all the nation congratulate Indian Army that very time Right wingers people basically known as bhakts those claiming in scocial media sites like Twitter and Facebook it as the first ever surgical strike carried by Indian Army  , when the fact is something different, its clearly visible the aspect of this right wingers those trying to repair the image of Prime Minister Modi which is dented by the repeated terror attack in the Indian soil and attack like Uri and Pathankot and many other domestic developmental issues .

But the truth is something different far before this surgical strike India has successfully . This despite the fact that the General, who was holding the news conference to inform about the surgical strikes, made it abundantly clear that Thursday’s wasn’t the first surgical strikes by any stretch of imagination.

Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh said that the claims of this being the first surgical strike were far from the truth as the army under the UPA government too had conducted several cross border offensives but never ‘hyped’ the issue as much as it was being done by the present regime.

Singh tweeted, “A reminder that Surgical Strike hasn’t been done for the first time. Only difference is that UPA/Congress didn’t hype the issue.”

Digvijay Singh is correct ! Indian army conducted at least two surgical strikes between 2007 and 2013 and they were reported too. But unlike this time around, Manmohan Singh did not stay awake or even if he did, he chose not to leak the information to favourable media outlets to seek cheap publicity or felt the need to prove any other point.

Digvijay Singh Says , Dr Manmohan Singh also did not employ any Twitter army to build a narrative to project an imaginary image so that this could help him extract the much-needed electoral mileage in the forthcoming elections.

The details of Previous Surgical strikes those carried out successfully during the government of Manmohan Singh 

Year 2007

The operation as “Surgical Strikes: Indian army’s new method to deal with sub-conventional operations” India Today journalist Sandeep Unnithan wrote in January 2014, “Surgical strikes is how the army hopes to fight low-intensity conflicts or ‘sub-conventional operations’ (SCO) in the new doctrine unveiled by Army Chief General J.J. Singh. It faces its acid test in the recent massacre of over 50 people in Assam by the ULFA. The army has rushed in 3,000 soldiers, but it will certainly not use fighter aircraft to pop smart bombs into insurgent homes or call for artillery strikes on militant hideouts, like other armies in South Asia, because the SCO doctrine says civilians’ hearts and minds-and not dead terrorists- are at the centre of the entire operation.”

In the same piece, Unnithan went on to describe how a surgical strike by Indian army in November 2006 had helped the troops to eliminate terrorists with considerably less damage to its soldiers.

Year 2013 

While addressing the annual Army Day press conference, the then Indian army chief Gen Bikram Singh admitted killing of 10 Pakistani soldiers in a surgical strike. Gen Singh warned Pakistan that India would respond in equal measure if Pakistan violated any rules.

He rejected the perception that the Indian military had not retaliated against the beheading of its soldiers by Pakistani troops last year.

He had said, “Let me assure you that action has been taken…If I can invite the attention to the Geo TV report on December 23 which talked of their one officer and nine soldiers being killed with 12-13 being wounded. This has happened due to firing of your soldiers on ground. .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Web Design BangladeshBangladesh Online Market